At 82+, The Digital World Is Beautiful Old And New! And Why I Keep On Writing

At 82+, yes, I drive thru my personal computer (PC) setup at home in my waking hours. No glasses. This year, 2023, with the birthday gift I requested 2022 that son-in-law Karl Cerni and his wife, my daughter Maria Lorena granted – an HP 15.6” laptop with an “AMD Ryzen” desktop processor – I graduated from a “Slow” to “Super-Fast” PC – and you can’t appreciate what that means to me! I thank God everyday.

Yes, I turned 82 on 17 Sept 2022; I have pooreyes. I started blogging 22 years ago; how come up to 2023. I keep blogging almost every single day? 2 reasons. One, long ago as a writer, I vowed to myself: I will serve my country as much and as long as I can. Two, I enjoy blogging like you enjoy your Rocky Road ice cream!

Yes, my mind and eyes were sharp in 1975 when I joined the Forest Research Institute (FORI) – with forester Filiberto S Pollisco as FORI Director – from 1975 to 1981, I was founder & Editor In Chiefof the FORI monthly newsletter Canopy,quarterly technical forestry journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat.

Those 3 FORI publications showed how much I loved the denizens of the forests, animals & people. And much I love writing, editing, publishing.

Given my poor eyesight today, what do I do to be able to type, read, edit, copy, format – repeatedly?

Ah, I don’t wear glasses, no! Instead, I “manipulate” my PC setup – with my laptop plus a bigger external monitor (a 22-inch ViewSonic LED) – today with MS Word 365, I “graduating” from MS Word 2016 of the last 6+ years:

Here’s how I drive thru: I open my “Style Sheet” and set my “Normal” paragraphs to 14 pt spaced 22 pt apart, left aligned. Your Normal is only 12 pt big; my Normal is bigger. And my Normal is “White.” And, I set my Word 365 file background to “Black” – yes, Black and? “White” against “Black” is readable, very readable! Thank God I can see clearly.

And, like this paragraph, every now and then I set the font to 19 pt – most readable! I give thanks to Bill Gates and his Microsoft Corp for Microsoft Word!

If you love something (or somebody), you will find a way to keep that love no matter what happens. My poor eyes don’t scare me, I’m afraid. Not now when I’m blogging with my superfast HP AMD Ryzen. Lord, let me drive thru till I’m 111!
(images: my photograph; “drive thru 2016” 08 May 2018)

I decided some 60 years ago to devote my creative writing skills to help advance the Sciences of Agriculture & Forestry being practiced by Filipinos – today, in the name of Regenerative Agriculture (RA) to solve Farmer Poverty and resolve Climate Change. Googling, I know I am the only one doing that, in the Philippines or elsewhere, but I am undaunted. The battle is in the digital universe, and “World, here is your David from the Philippines!”@517

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What We Are Witness Of Is All Unlove – Where Is The Love?”

To Celebrate People Power Revolution, I Am Calling For A Media Power Revolution Starting Now!

Life Lessons You Learn As You Go – Here I Go!