“YMCA Is ‘For Youth Development, For Healthy Living, For Social Responsibility’ – Why Not Angat Buhay Pilipino? Asking For A Friend!” – Frank A Hilario

On Friday, 09 Sept 2022, I challenged Angat Buhay to plant the seeds and propagate a movement I called “Young Female Champions of Agriculture” (YFCA) – I wanted the acronym to look & sound like YMCA, because I am in awe of that social phenomenon, and I wanted to catch the attention of the ladies of Angat Buhay of the need for them to apply their beauty & brains to PH Agriculture, especially Regenerative Agriculture (RA), which should be given the lion’s share of agriculture – especially given Climate Change!

We all have much to learn about PH Agriculture. The boys, farmers & leaders alike, are largely ignoring RA; ergo, they are largely ignoring the fact that this has twin purposes: (1) solve farmer Poverty, and (2) resolve Climate Change!

And so I am looking at the YMCA as a source of inspiration for YFCA, a new brains & beauty group dedicated to enriching farmers and impoverishing Climate Change simultaneously via RA. I see the female farmers saving us from the poverty of the male farmers’ insistence on Chemical Agriculture (CA) that we know contribute much to Climate Change!

Angat Buhay Pilipino says in its website (lenirobredo.com):

Kailangan din nating mai-angat ang antas ng buhay ng bawat pamilyang Pilipino, lalo na yung mga nasa laylayan na halos mawalan ng pag-asa nung kasagsagan ng pandemya. ‍Ang Angat Buhay Pilipino! ay isang malawak na plano para sa economic recovery. Hindi lang ito pangakong ibababa ang presyo ng bigas, kuryente o gasolina. May mga solusyon sa mga naka-ugat na problema. Ang aking paniniwala ay taongbayan ang sentro sa pagbawi ng ekonomiya.

(“We also need to bring up the level of life of each Filipino family, especially those who are at the skirt of society who almost lost their hope at the height of the pandemic. Angat Buhay Pilipino! Is a broad plan for economic recovery. This is not merely a promise to lower the prices of rice, electricity or gasoline. There are solutions that are rooted in the problems. I believe that the people are the center of economic recovery.” – my translation)

Now then, I can explain why the top image, from the YMCA (preferred name “The Y”), is included – I am looking at Angat Buhay also as non-political as YMCA. In fact, in the previous essay, “Young Female Champions In Agriculture (YFCA) – My Single Challenge To The PH Department Of Agriculture And Leni Robredo’s Angat Buhay – Winners All!” (10 Sept 2022, Brains & Beauty Farming, blogspot.com), you will note that “YFCA” is nearly identical to “YMCA” – because I'm thinking of YFCA as also a social movement as YMCA, non-political and pro-people, especially poor people.

The lower image, from Angat Buhay, says “Standby For Live” – I am revising that to say, “Standby For LOVE” as the message of Angat Buhay. The LOVE I'm thinking of has to do with YFCA, in the field of Agriculture.
(“Standby” from youtube.com)

Young Female Champions of Agriculture from Angat Buhay – why not, coconut?!@517

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What We Are Witness Of Is All Unlove – Where Is The Love?”

To Celebrate People Power Revolution, I Am Calling For A Media Power Revolution Starting Now!

Life Lessons You Learn As You Go – Here I Go!