“Happy Valentine’s Day!” Every Single Day Starting Now. To Make That Happen, Each Day Should Be Primate Change Vs Climate Change!

It’s Tuesday, 14 Feb 2023 – “Happy Valentine’s Day” World! No matter that respected Ancient Green philosopher Aristotle said, “A friend to all is a friend to none,” as our friend JAQ reminds me. Ah, “If you love everyone, you love even your enemies.” And friends, that’s exactly what I want beginning today!

(“Happy Valentine’s” from celebrating.com.au; “Love your enemies” from istockphoto.com)

Climate Change (CC) is upon us, and there is no love lost between CC and Primates – that is why, in the last 15 years, I have been calling for Primate Change (PC) since I posted “Primate Change? Or Climate Change?” in my blog The American Frank, theamericanfrank.wordpress.com. [That blogpost became Chapter 21 of my first ICRISAT book, titled Team ICRISAT Champions The Poor, published Dec 2007; the essay title was: “Primate Change? Or Climate Change? You Choose! – The Blogal Village Voice” (pp 102-115). Eventually, ICRISAT based in India published 7 books of mine as an international writer-from-home. That is how I came to know William Dar very well, Director General of ICRISAT 2000-2014.  

He is recognized worldwide as phenomenal, Filipino I must emphasize. Mr Dar was in New Delhi 10 Nov 2022 to receive the “1st MS Swaminathan Global Leadership Award for Sustainable Development” He himself writes about this achievement in his column, “It's Time To Consider Regenerative Agriculture” (17 Nov 2022, Manila Times, manilatimes.net), and swears:

Being the first awardee named after Dr Swaminathan, I owe it to him to champion regenerative agriculture as one of the solutions to level up local and global food production.

Regenerative Agriculture (RA) is the one solution I can think of to solve Farmer Poverty and resolve Climate Change simultaneously. Personally, I know organic methods of crop production have little costs and yet produce much, to the benefit of the farmer and the environment. The organic materials, unlike chemical fertilizers & pesticides, do not generate greenhouse gases that generate Climate Change.

Denying the wisdom of Aristotle, today I say, “A friend to all is a friend to all!” No more, I don’t subscribe to this Aristotelian concept; this time, I subscribe to the Christian virtue of love: “But I say to you that listen, ‘Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you’” (Luke 6:27-28, NRSV)

With the common enemy Climate Change, an alumnus UP Los Baños (UPLB), a BSA major in Ag Edu myself, I am extremely glad to be proselytizing for Regenerative Agriculture (RA) – the subject I learned outside of UPLB!

And I happen to know ex-Secretary of Agriculture William Dar, who is the World Champion of  RA! Mr Dar has received the “Swaminathan Global Leadership Award For Sustainable Development.” He says (“It's Time To Consider Regenerative Agriculture,” 17 Nov 2022, Manila Times, manilatimes.net):

Being the first awardee named after Dr Swaminathan, I owe it to him to champion regenerative agriculture as one of the solutions to level up local and global food production.”@517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What We Are Witness Of Is All Unlove – Where Is The Love?”

To Celebrate People Power Revolution, I Am Calling For A Media Power Revolution Starting Now!

Life Lessons You Learn As You Go – Here I Go!