THiNK First!

I have a new slogan for my writing: “THiNK First!” I’m 83, and today, Monday, 05 Feb 2024, Manila, I realize one is never too old to learn how to think better!

Now then, when I think of any of the following people considering what I know or their acquired reputation, do I get mad?
BBM, Benigno Aquino, FM, Imee Marcos, Imelda Marcos, Jose Maria Sison, Leni Robredo, Noynoy Aquino, Rodrigo Duterte, Sara Duterte, Tiu Laurel…

No, I don’t get mad – instead, today I get inspired to act better than just be a critic!

So, I want to share with you my new mantra:
THiNK First!

It is what you too should do now – it will change your life forever, I promise. One is never too old to learn something new, or something better.
(“Think” from bing.com, “First” from bing.com)

“THiNK First!” It goes like this:

True? If True, is it
Helpful? If Helpful, is it
Inspiring? If Inspiring, is it
Necessary? If Necessary, is it
Kind? THiNK First!

Before you express your dislike or hate, THiNK First! First is 1st, not 2nd or last.

Let’s see if you have learned something new from this old teacher!

Wikipedia has a long list of “Political Scandals In The Philippines” (Wikipedia, en.wikipedia.org); I will cite a few: 1940s “Surplus War Property Scandal” involving Manuel Roxas; 1950s “Golden Orinola” involving Elpidio Quirino; 1960s “Harry Stonehill” involving Jose W Diokno, Diosdado Macapagal, Ferdinand Marcos et al.

I will stop there – because it’s easy to find fault, but extremely difficult to forgive and/or be kind!

Jean Mangaluz says, “Farms Relying On Rainwater Already Feeling El Niño Effects – DA” (05 Feb 2024, Inquirer.net, newsinfo.inquirer.net):

The government, nevertheless, gave assurance that it has been preparing to cushion the impact of the El Niño phenomenon, which is forecast to last until June.

The next planting season in the Philippines begins in April, or 2 months away; what could/should the Department of Agriculture (DA) do much more than “preparing to cushion the impact” of El Niño on the farmers?

My advice is for the DA to help the farmers learn “Regenerative Agriculture (RA)” that comprises all these (my alphabetical list):

#1, Compost application, #2, Cover cropping, #3, Crop rotation, #4, Farm crops + tree crops (simultaneous), #5, Green manuring, #6, Intercropping, #7, Multiple cropping, #8, No-till farming, #9, Ratooning, #10, “Three Sisters” cropping (corn + beans + squash), #11, Trap cropping, #12, Trash mulching.

Our farmers could try “#1, Compost application” or “#5, Green Manuring” in order for their fields to provide much-needed (and natural) moisture for the crops given the warm climate brought about by El Niño. The moisture will come from the soil, from deep down the field going up by osmosis and captured by the organic matter-rich soil to feed to the crops.

No Sir, Mr Arnel De Mesa, Assistant Secretary of Agriculture, our farmers are not helpless or hopeless come El Niño. Note my personal list of 12 for Regenerative Agriculture. Modern science has provided enough lessons for those of us who are willing to learn – and teach the farmers!@517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What We Are Witness Of Is All Unlove – Where Is The Love?”

To Celebrate People Power Revolution, I Am Calling For A Media Power Revolution Starting Now!

Life Lessons You Learn As You Go – Here I Go!